Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Marriage and Mania

Another blog. Another reason for both you and I to procrastinate.

For those of you who enjoy NajMania... I think you'll enjoy Backside as well - because let's face it, there is a marriage behind all the antics of our children. Some of the stories will be funny, some sweet, some might be serious ...  I mostly hope you'll find all of them comforting and helpful.

Because marriage, commitment, partnerships  - even friendships for that matter - are hard. Damn hard. And the media does us no good by romanticizing it all.

I have always found it soothing to hear other people's stories about their committed relationships. The blemishes included. It helps me to remember that its a rough road, but it is worth it. We are not alone in this. Thank God.

So - on the Backside you'll find stories about two middle-aged people trying to raise four well-adjusted boys, while not losing their connection to each other.

Please comment often! I want to hear from you! And please share this with others who you think will enjoy this.

Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

  1. Okay. I'm in. I'll help you procrastinate all you want. :-)
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you write! I'm not sure where I found the link to your blog, but I'm so glad I did. Thanks for the laughs, and the thought behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! It means so much to me that you enjoy the blogs! I really have fun writing them. :)

    ReplyDelete